Welcome! The Lityard seeks creative, original, and excellent literary content. We want to read and share your short stories, poems, flash fiction, memoirs, book reviews, interviews, think pieces, essays, and so forth.
Here are some submission guidelines:
- Submissions must be sent as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send your submissions in the Microsoft Word format. Single-spaced, left justified, 12-point font.
- We accept submissions that have been previously published on person blogs at most six months prior to the time of submission; please send a link to the post with your email.
- The body of your email should include a synopsis of your submission, a short bio (100 words at most), your contact details, including links to your blog and/or social media pages.
- Email title should be your full name and the title of your work.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please notify us if your submission gets accepted elsewhere.
- Submissions with vivid and/or graphic descriptions of sex or violence will be rejected without comment.
- Maximum word count for submissions is 5000 words.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but please do not send in more than two (2) entries at one time.
- Submissions will be assessed by our editors; if your work is selected for publishing, we will respond within three (3) weeks.
- On publication, all rights revert to the writer/author. However, if the work is accepted for publication elsewhere, please note that the story was first published on The Lityard.
- Please ensure that your submissions are properly formatted and are free of errors.
- At this time, we do not offer compensation or payment for articles.